The Red Maple grows to 60-90 feet high. The leaves are deciduous, simple, opposite: blades varying in shape from 3-5 distinct lobes to almost no lobes. The leaves are whitish or silvery beneath with shallow sinuses between the lobes. Autumn color varies from brilliant red to dark red. Appealing traits include bright flowers and fruit in early spring before leaves appear.
Connect With CY Garden Club
Recent Blog Posts
- Propagation Notes–Planting Plugs or Seeds March 21, 2019
- Cooper-Young Garden Contest March 20, 2019
- A shout-out to our Signature Sponsor-Palladio Garden March 18, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Create an Urban Garden March 14, 2019
- “Gardeners of the Week” March 13, 2019