Noted for its rapid growth and slender shape, the Leyland cypress has found wide popularity over a large range of the United States. It grows well in a wide variety of soil and climate conditions and makes an excellent wind break as it provides a dense barrier with good color all 12 months of the year. Leyland cypress trees enjoy both part shade/part sun and full sun – the tree has very forgiving light requirements. The cypress can be planted in many soils. The tree tolerates clay, loam, sand and will grow in both acidic and alkaline soils, but still needs to be planted a well-drained site. It tolerates droughty conditions and is salt tolerant.
Connect With CY Garden Club
Recent Blog Posts
- Propagation Notes–Planting Plugs or Seeds March 21, 2019
- Cooper-Young Garden Contest March 20, 2019
- A shout-out to our Signature Sponsor-Palladio Garden March 18, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Create an Urban Garden March 14, 2019
- “Gardeners of the Week” March 13, 2019