This handsome, graceful tree has a rounded crown adorned with lustrous dark green leaves that change to yellow and reddish purple in fall. A landscape standout, the lacebark elm has distinctive bark, which is mottled and often creates colorful patterns in its trunk. Medium to fast growing, this elm adapts to many soil conditions and is relatively free from the diseases ravaging other elm species, making it a tough and durable tree for any situation. This tree is considered both a shade tree and an ornamental tree. It features a spreading canopy capable of blocking sunlight and adds visual interest and beauty to landscaping. It features distinctively exfoliating bark with a mottled pattern, often with shades of brown, gray, green and orange.
Connect With CY Garden Club
Recent Blog Posts
- Propagation Notes–Planting Plugs or Seeds March 21, 2019
- Cooper-Young Garden Contest March 20, 2019
- A shout-out to our Signature Sponsor-Palladio Garden March 18, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Create an Urban Garden March 14, 2019
- “Gardeners of the Week” March 13, 2019