This tree is an all season beautify. Early in the spring, beautiful white clusters of blooms set it off against the new green of spring. Vivid red and gold foliage grace the landscaping in the fall. Plump red berries are a favorite of the birds in summer and are also popular with the human crowd for pies and preserves. It is the perfect small tree for the landscape. This tree is considered both a flowering tree and an ornamental tee it is hardy in zones 4-9. It is typically planted for both visual interest and a profusion of spring flowers. It grows to a height of 15’ to 25’.
Connect With CY Garden Club
Recent Blog Posts
- Propagation Notes–Planting Plugs or Seeds March 21, 2019
- Cooper-Young Garden Contest March 20, 2019
- A shout-out to our Signature Sponsor-Palladio Garden March 18, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Create an Urban Garden March 14, 2019
- “Gardeners of the Week” March 13, 2019