Become A Host
Board & Committees
2020 Garden Walk Speakers
Growing Exotic Mushrooms
Making Self-watering Containers
Growing Onions in South
Adam + Renee’ Queen
Growing Native Plants
Gizem Altin Nance
Nutritious Food for Chickens
Growing + Using Medicinal Plants
Using the “Green Fee” App for Sustainability
Growing a Tower Garden
2020 Garden Walk Speakers Wanted
Do you have a garden subject you love to share with others? We invite you be an Educational Speaker at the 5th annual Cooper-Young Garden Walk, May 16-17, 2020, 9am-5pm. Showcase your topic to an eclectic audience of retirees, baby boomers, and young millennials interested in all things gardening at our annual garden extravaganza.
Chosen Garden Speakers earn:
- speaker fee per 4 hour block
- free publicity on our webpage for a year, social media mention, and mention in our garden walk brochure.
- 1 complimentary ticket to the garden walk
- opportunity to meet lots of new people and spread the joy of gardening.
Speaker Topics we are especially interested in:
- sustainability—house plants—composting—flower arranging—organic gardening methods—growing mushrooms—beverages from the garden—attracting wildlife to the garden—climate change—zero waste living—preserving food
Registration Deadline: March 1, 2020. Due to limited number of spaces, early registration advised.
All Garden Speakers will be stationed at “Secret Gardens” throughout the neighborhood. This puts you at our most visited gardens, provides shade, and makes it easy to park for set up and take down.
The Cooper-Young Garden Walk celebrates gardeners, demonstrates sustainable garden practices, showcases beautiful, imaginative gardens, and inspires all our visitors to make their own outdoor spaces beautiful.
You have two options to apply:
You will receive an email confirmation of acceptance. Thank you.