Cooper Young Garden Walk Press Kit
COOPER YOUNG GARDEN WALK is one of the newest + largest garden tours in the South. In only its third year, there are more than 90+ private gardens, green businesses, and community spaces open for viewing in a hip, historic, walkable, bikeable neighborhood.
Visitors will discover:
- why our neighborhood is considered the “Heart of Memphis”
- quaint, quirky, imaginative gardens celebrating and solving city living limitations
- serene landscapes, artsy gardens, sustainable living
- unique art installations
- open artist studios
- farmer’s market on Saturday
- community garden + school garden
- urban farming, chickens, beekeeping, composting, organic gardening
- he/she sheds, showers, ponds, fountains, whimsical surprizes
- Level 3 certified neighborhood arboretum
- numerous award-winning restaurants and unique shops
- rental bikes, bike valet + guided bike tours
- educational booths
- garden vendors
- bungalows, Queen Anne, Second Empire, Craftsman, Colonial Revival, and shotguns cottages
- easily stop for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- restaurant + shop discounts
- neighborhood brewery
- take your picture in front of our iconic mural: “I Love Memphis”
- the most hospitable, welcoming garden hosts around!
WHEN: Saturday + Sunday, May 19-20, 2018 (3rd weekend in May)
TIME: Speaker: noted author “Doug Tallamy”, 9-10am, Sat., Tour gardens: 10:30-5pm
WHERE: Intersection of Cooper + Young Ave, Memphis, TN 38014
FOR: This yearly fundraiser supports Cooper Young Garden Club’s mission to enhance community pride and beautify our neighborhood and city “one garden at a time”.
- Before May 5— $15 for a 2-day ticket and a chance to win a gift basket valued at $200,
- After May 5—$20 for a two day ticket. There are no single day tickets.
TICKETS: available closer to date
What else can you do while in Memphis: (too much to list, but here’s a smattering):