- Tioga Environmental Consultants – Compliance, Consultation + Remediation
- Big River Crossing
- Bluff City Canoe Club
- Build, Live, Develop, Grow (BLDG) –
- Citizens to Preserve Overton Park-
- Clean Memphis
- Friends for Our Riverfront
- Greater Memphis Greenline
- Livable Memphis
- Memphis Green Drinks — (FB)
- Memphis Metropolitan Planning Office — promotes affordable regional transportation system
- MidSouth Greenprint — connecting communities in the Mid-South
- Nonconnah Creek Conservancy —
- Outdoors, Inc.
- Park Friends– Overton Park
- Project Green Fork
- Sierra Club-Memphis — (FB)
- Tennessee Scenic Rivers Association — protecting clean water + free flowing rivers
- Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) – Tennessee Wildcast (podcast)
- Wolf River Conservancy
- Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance Program – national Park Service offers help
GREEN GARDENING + HOUSEHOLD PRACTICES-
- Tons of resources on gardening without pesticides
- Ultimate Guide to Tackling Garden Pests Naturally— lots of great recipes for creating healthy pesticides.
- 100+ Ways to Conserve Water
- Green Collar Cleaning – Natural cleaning products and cleaning company.
- So Fresh + So Green Clean – Memphis Based, all natural cleaning products/cleaning company.
- Botanical Interests – sells biodegradable pots and gardener’s soap, Non-GMO Project Verified Seeds. 600 varieties specially selected for home gardeners, including heirlooms, organics, and open pollinated flowers, vegetables, and herbs.
PERMICULTURE + SUSTAINABILITY-
- Introduction to Permaculture— online college lecture series
- Midsouth Permaculture Group — (FB)
- Terra Sustainable Design House – designed by architecture students at University of Memphis
- Urban Land Institute Memphis
- University of Memphis Design Collaborative Resources – Proposal form HERE
- Blight Authority of Memphis – Blight Remediation Strategy for the THDA Blight Elimination Program (UMDCR)
PESTICIDES + POISONS-
- Beyond Pesticides – extensive resource site
- Safety Fact Sheets – extensive library from Calif. – Chemicals + metals
- Tackling Garden Pests Naturally – lots of solutions for different type of pests
RECYCLING + ZERO WASTE –
- Lichterman Nature Center recycles plastic garden pots.
- Shelby County Recycling – recycling center
- Where to recycle everything in Shelby County
- Clean Memphis — sustain a cleaner Memphis
- Memphis-Shelby County Recycling Locations and Resources
- Memphis City Beautiful — loans out gardening tools.
- Memphis-Shelby Office of Sustainability — Christmas Tree & Greenery Recycling
- City of Germantown Solid Waste and Recycling Guide
- Get Green Recycleworks –
- GreenBox Memphis – reusable, rentable plastic moving boxes
- Shelby County Sheriff’s Station – takes unwanted prescriptions, 901-222-5400
- Gaia Movement of Memphis– collects used clothes
- Shelby County Landbank – 584 Adams, Memphis, TN
- Going Zero Waste – blog with great suggestions
- Zero Waste Home – Bea Johnson, “Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot (and only in that order) is my family’s secret to reducing our annual trash to a jar since 2008”.
- Earth 911 – Where and how to recycle over 350 recyclable materials
- The Cyber Yard – recycles corporate waste (electronics + polymers + polystyrene)
- Sustainable Resource Booklet for University of Memphis Students – great ideas for everyone to adopt
- Wheels for Wishes – link on bottled water stats, great infographic
- Community Recyling Centers in Memphis
- Memphis Heritage -sells historical artifacts
- Paper Leaf Waste Bags – BPI (Biodegradable Products Institute)