This family-centric garden is designed for 4-season use.
Homeowners: Gizem & Bryan Nance
Neighborhood: Neshoba North
Garden Age: 2 years
- Trees: Black cherry, red maple, redbud, poplar tulip and 20 fruit trees (cherry, fig, plum, pawpaw, apple, pear, apricot, pomegranate, persimmon, crabapple), dogwood, buckeye, fringe, hawthorn, yaupon, weeping willow, serviceberry, false indigo, American smoke tree
- Shrubs: Buttonbush, witch hazel, arrowhead, beauty berry, sweet shrub, sweetspire, coralberry, ninebark
- Vines: Carolina jessamine, passionflower, bignonia, coral honeysuckle
- Perennials: Passionflower, hot lips salvia, spiderwort, rose, bee balm, Scarlet rose marrow, phlox, milkweed
- Other: vegetable and herb gardens in raised beds, pollinator gardens, two wildlife ponds, chickens, 4 honeybee colonies
Garden Philosophy: Live&Let Live. We are gardening to share the bounty and the beauty of Mother Earth with other species.