Stop and sit a spell. Admire the hanging baskets, ironwork window boxes, concrete planters full of colorful annuals, and hand-built birdhouses. Enjoy the backyard whimsical fence art and “She” shed. This garden is designed for relaxing and room for her dog, Wally, to roam.
Homeowners: Angie Wallick Address: Nelson Avenue
Circa: 1922 Garden Age: 5 years
- Trees: crepe myrtle
- Shrubs: hydrangeas, roses, boxwood, butterfly bush,
- Perennials: shasta daisies, day lilies, boston ferns, Russian Sage
- Annuals: the flowers in my containers change yearly
Garden Philosophy: “Patience and flexibility are two words that describe my garden. Ever evolving, it’s sometimes planned, sometimes not.
Favorite Garden Tip: My secret to successful gardening: water daily and keep those weeds away”.
[print-me target=”.printrecipe” title=”Print Recipe”]
CHILLED WATERMELON POPS
- popscycle sticks
- Quarter watermelon lengthwise.
- Take each quarter of the watermelon and slice into 1″ – 1.5″ slices. The slices should be shaped like triangles.
- Take a sharp knife and make a small slit in the center of the watermelon rind.
- Insert popsicle stick into slit.
- Enjoy immediately or place in the refrigerator or freezer for an extra cool snack to be enjoyed later.
Please LIKE, SHARE and FOLLOW us on Social Media