This eclectic, Asian garden astounds with gorgeous colors, statuary, raised beds, a bespoke covered patio, and unique recycled materials. Wouldn’t you love to come home to this daily?
Homeowners: Sarah & Brad Gilmer
Address: Evelyn Avenue
Garden Age: 13 years
- Trees: Southern Magnolia, Windmill Palm
- Shrubs: Green Giants, Crepe Myrtles, Azaleas, Joker Rose, Hydrangeas, Cleyeras, Hawthornes, Forsythia, Butterfly Bush
- Vines: Carolina Jasmine, Major Wheeler Red Honeysuckle, English Ivy
- Perennials: Buttercups, Day Lilies, Echinacea, Hostas, Salvia, Coreopsis, Bee Balm, Liriope, Ferns, Coral Bells, Bugleweeed
- Other: Mint, Thyme, Lavender, Rosemary, Sage, Dill, Basil, Oregano, Onions, Chives, Garlic
Garden Philosophy: Be eclectic. Mix and match. Everything has its place in Cooper-Young. Our garden has Asian, English, and Americana influences.
Favorite Garden Tip : Unroll cheap steel wool pads and wrap around the base of hostas and other plants that slugs damage. Secure the wool to the ground with 10 penny nails. The slugs and snails cannot cross the steel wool. As an added bonus, the wool and nails will rust and provide valuable minerals to your plant.