2020 Garden Walk Registration
Cooper-Young Garden Walk is celebrating our 5th Anniversary!
Help us celebrate by showing your garden, May 16-17, 2020. The deadline to register is Feb. 15, 2020.
Who can register for the 2020 garden walk?
Any resident or business owner in the Cooper-Young neighborhood. If you have a spot of green that makes you proud, others will love it, too. By hosting your garden, you’re helping to make the Cooper-Young neighborhood a more beautiful, sustainable place while inspiring our many visitors to do the same.
I'm worried my garden isn't fancy enough.
“Our walk is noncompetitive and open to any gardener in Cooper Young, from the beginner to seasoned gardener”. People love our garden walk because our gardens are authentic and full of CY personality.
Our garden walk visitors range from novice gardeners to master gardeners. They are looking for beautiful, unique spaces to draw inspiration and education. As long as your garden has been taken care of with a little TLC and of course, some good ole fashioned Memphis green(s) and other colorful plants and gardening features, we want you to be a part of our annual walk.
It’s a great motivator to get all your garden projects done…..now! Whew, won’t that be lovely?
If your garden has some “unfinished areas”, then use the humorous ideas on the last page to “make lemonade out of lemons”. Mark off areas you don’t want visitors walking in with tape and signs.
What can I do to "up the wow factor" of my garden?
- Play soft classical, jazz, or mood music for ambiance
- Display pictures of your “before” and “after” garden
- Add art, whimsy, humor, containers …pinterest has great ideas.
- Visitors love seeing plants labeled.
- Stage your patio with outdoor table settings
● Don’t forget to have a garden visitor notebook, so visitors can leave positive comments
How will visitors find my garden?
All gardens are listed on the Garden Walk map, which is inside the May Lamplighter issue. Ticket buyers will be sent a pdf of the map ahead of time.
Open gardens are marked with official “Cooper Young Garden Walk” signs in front yards. Each sign will be marked to indicate what parts of the garden are open to the visitors—front, side, back.
What special activities are planned?
We love to tout our neighborhood. Visitors can expect:
- restaurant and shop discounts during this weekend.
- open CY artist studios
- educational speakers located at secret gardens throughout the neighborhood
- guided bike tour led by Urban Bike Food Ministries
- shuttle service
- new Garden Walk designed t-shirt
- educational booths
- botanical art vendors
- neighborhood party atmosphere