Baldcypress can live over a thousand years. This tree can reach heights of 100 to 150 feet. The needlelike leaves are ½ to ¾ of an inch long and grow featherlike in parallel rows along lateral branches. They are lime green to yellow green. Round gumball size silver gray fruit balls develop over the summer. They open to release seeds in the fall and then drop off of the tree.
Connect With CY Garden Club
Recent Blog Posts
- Propagation Notes–Planting Plugs or Seeds March 21, 2019
- Cooper-Young Garden Contest March 20, 2019
- A shout-out to our Signature Sponsor-Palladio Garden March 18, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Create an Urban Garden March 14, 2019
- “Gardeners of the Week” March 13, 2019