A Standing Ovation to our Cooper-Young neighborhood and to all the residents, artists, creatives, and businesses who make our community so enjoyable to live here. It’s your turn to shine as we showcase your creativity and handwork to Memphis and beyond.
May 15,16, 17, 2020 is the 5th Annual Cooper-Young Garden Walk for the Cooper-Young Garden Club. That weekend we spotlight and celebrate 70+ homeowners, renters, and businesses who spend hard work, time, and money to make their outdoor spaces lovely for everyone. Our garden walk attendees appreciate the inspiration they gain while peeking into our eclectic, urban gardens. Visitors will see chickens, bees, composting, edibles, water features, and outdoor theatre, she + he sheds, and stylish designs. Add in educational booths, speakers, demo gardens, art vendors and artist studios, a guided bike tour and a shuttle for a full garden extravaganza weekend.
Every year, we add new features, a good reason to come back again and again. This year expect:
- Moonlight Reception + Garden Tour — Music, canapés, cocktails, and selected gardens for our Sponsors, Press, and VIP ticket holders, Friday, May 15th. A great deal if you don’t have a whole weekend to tour gardens.
- Garden Walk T-shirt new design
- Mini-Talks on sustainability, growing edibles, arranging flowers, medicinal plants, composting, aquaponics, and more.
- New Logo to reflect our urban gardens and certified arboretum
- Memphis Travel Bureau promotion
Ways you can Participate:
- Host your garden—enjoy all the positive comments. (Deadline Feb. 15, 2020).
- Host your business—attract garden walk visitors.
- Buy a ticket and help fund neighborhood beautification projects.
- Volunteer and earn a free garden walk ticket.
- Be a Sponsor and support this worthy project.
- Be a Cheerleader and spread the news.
- Hang up Garden Walk Posters at work, church, and businesses you frequent.
- Invite your friends to come to the walk
- Share the garden walk event on social media.
- Host a porch party that weekend and welcome our visitors.
- Be a Follower and grow our audience.
Let 2020 be the year you participate in our weekend-long celebration of beauty.