Daily Gratefulness has been shown to promote enhanced health and happiness so I try to regularly note at least 3 things I’m grateful for. Family, friends, and simple pleasures are most often mentioned.
However, my gardening passion contributes much to my daily happiness and well-being. It deserves to be mentioned in my gratitude journal.
From Gardening, I’m grateful for
- The sun that rises daily, no matter how bleak the weather or life can be.
- Groundcovers that suppress weeds: ajuga, sedums, purple heart
- Sweet Olive, pansies, camellias for flowering in the cold of winter.
- Garden friends who share plants, garden advice, + warm conversation
- Garden catalogs, arriving in dreary winter with endless new possibilities Plant Delights, Seed Savers Exchange, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, and High Mowing Organic Seeds,
- gardening shows that inspire us and make us laugh
- garden podcasts: A Way to Garden
- garden benches that invite me to stop and savor my creative endeavors
- Hilarious speakers Carol Reese and Felder Rushing,
- GWA and Garden Bloggers Fling,
- Garden Whimsey
- Workhorse flowers that bloom all summer
- Favorite garden tools: hand mattock and large pickaxe
- Beautifully Scented flowers that makes me stop in my tracks for another whiff
- Raised Beds–easy to weed and plant; divides my garden into rooms; great for party seating
- Garden Blogs, like: Art of Gardening, Clay and Limestone, Form and Foliage, Not Another Gardening Blog, Paper Garden Workshop, Tara Dillard, and many more.
- Garden Clubs and the dear friends made
- Memphis Horticultural Society
- Memphis Area Master Gardeners Association–
- Evergreen plants: Magnolia, Holly Fern, Ajuga, Boxwood
- My husband, Bill, who does all the heavy lifting and moving
- Garden visitors who appreciate my garden’s personality
- Tennessee Federation of Garden Clubs – power in numbers