“Passionately planting seeds of beauty, community + pride, one garden at a time”
Join our Dynamic Club
Why join the Cooper Young Garden Club?
Because we’re a dynamic club that likes to have fun and get things done!
Anyone interested in gardening is welcome to join our club; you don’t need to live in our neighborhood.
Our members include men, women, of all ages and garden experience. We enjoy growing and talking about plants. We also swap plants and look for ways to make our neighborhood beautiful.
Guests! You are welcome to attend two free meetings before joining the club. Dues are only $20 a year, which includes $8 for The Tennessee Federation of Garden Clubs. Family memberships are $30 (two persons at same mailing address). https://donorbox.org/cygw-membership
Our Club began January 2015 with 11 members but has grown to 30+ members. In 2016, we became a member of the Tennessee Federated Garden Club, District 1. We are a 501(c)3 organization, whose EIN # is 81-1527422.
The Cooper-Young Garden Club promotes beautiful spaces citywide by connecting gardeners through friendship, education, and beautification projects. Our goal is to grow Memphis as a Premier Garden Tourism Destination.
- President: Sharron Johnson
- 1st Vice President: Jim Wilson
- 2nd Vice-President: Connie Arduini
- Secretary: Marguerite Zeller
- Treasurer: Bob Morrison
- Publicity + Garden Walk Chair: Kim Halyak
Our club meets the Third Wednesday of each month, 6-8 pm. Our location varies between club members homes or Stone Soup Cafe, 993 S. Cooper Street.
The meeting starts at 6:00 p.m. with a potluck. At 6:30, there is a scheduled speaker or club program and it ends with a short business meeting.
Date of Meeting, Topic/Speaker, Location of Meeting
- Annual Cooper-Young Garden Walk
- Hosts monthly garden club meetings on informative topics
- Award”C Y We Beautify” neighborhood beautification grants
- Award monthly: “Yard of the Month, Business of the Month, + Beauty Grows Here” signs
- Established Certified Level 3 Arboretum
- Weeding/mulching Ginkgo Trees along Cooper
- Adds + Maintains gateway planters
- Decorate the Gazebo for the winter holidays
- Adopted Spanish Memorial Park
- Tree Reimbursement Program
- Help Peabody Elem. Garden Club with garden projects
- Publish garden club blog– https://cooperyounggardenclub.org
- Publish monthly garden articles for Lamplighter
- Assist with CYCA monthly “Yard-a-Month” cleanups for elderly or medically challenged neighbors
- Participate in neighborhood “St. Patrick’s Day Parade”
- We belong to the Memphis Travel Bureau, Cooper-Young Community Association, Cooper-Young Business Association, and District1, Tennessee Federation of Garden Clubs (TFGC).
- Speak about beautification ideas to other groups around MidSouth
NEED A SPEAKER?
We have members who can talk about:
- Creating Container Gardens
- Best trees for the Midsouth
- Native Plants
- Ways to Transform Memphis through Gardening
I have a question. could you please give me a call?