The front garden features an 80+ year-old Oak tree, lined with huge azaleas and many shade plants. The front patio is overflowing with beautifully designed containers. The back and side gardens have numerous places to sit, linger, and enjoy the art, fountains, and fragrant, colorful plants, Sun to shade, this garden has it all. Construction by Jim McCown.
Homeowners: Katie McHaney Address: Cox Street
Circa: 1918 Garden Age: 35 years
- Trees: cedar bark oak, crepe mrytle, swwet oil
- Shrubs: hydnrangeas, azaleas, honeysuckle bush, spireas, nandina, lilac
- Vines: sweet autumn clematis, honeysuckle, native honeysuckle
- Perennials: hostas, irises, roses, blloms on Mother’s Dat, sedums, blue star
- Annuals: dragon begonias, aspeagus fern, begonias, creeping jenny, sedums,
Garden Philosophy : I talk to my garden daily and hug my 80 yr. old oak tree weekly.
Favorite Garden Tip Start with the soil first. Instead of raking your leaves, compost them into your flower beds. This enriches the soil, minimizes weeds., and keeps plants moist.
Owen’s Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh hot coffee
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another. but (not coffee )
- Then mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Then mix in fresh hot coffee.
- Grease Bundt pan, add batter, and bake at 350 degrees in preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from bundt pan.
- Drizzle ganache on top. Enjoy.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate
- Heat dark chocolate and mix with heavy cream.
Please LIKE, SHARE and FOLLOW us on Social Media