I plant seeds and trade plants. Many of my plants came from my grandmother’s old home in Arkansas. I’m growing okra in the front yard. My garden’s goal is to spend very little on the garden, seeds only. I’ve added a “Free Little Plant” Stand, As an artist and t-shirt designer, I love to add found objects to my garden, both front and back. I also raise chickens and love my rescue dogs.
Homeowners: Karen Capps Address: 1976 Evelyn Circa: 1920
- Vines: chocolate vine
- Perennials: lilies, roses, spiderwort, ferns, hostas, shasta daisy, coneflower, black-eyed susans, cleome, basil, irises, catmint, prickly pear, elephant ears, zinnias, cannas, annuals
Garden Philosophy: I like to try all kinds of plants and love to share plants with my neighbors.
Favorite Garden Tip: Add recycled materials to your house and garden to reflect your personality.
Roasted Summer Vegetables
[print-me target=”.printrecipe” title=”Print Recipe”]
- 1 lb. Brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 2-3 carrots, ends trimmed + peeled, and cut into bit size pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into slices
- 4-6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 3-5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven or convection to 450 degrees.
- Add oil to roasting dish.
- Spread out brussel sprouts, carrots, onions, and garlic to roasting dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast undisturbed, until vegetables begin to brown on top. Stir, turning over the vegetables to cook evenly.
- Roast until sprouts are quite brown and tender, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Taste, and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar, and serve hot or warm.
Other optional vegetables that would work include: cabbage, parsnips, broccoli, turnips, etc.
Please LIKE, SHARE and FOLLOW us on Social Media