The large, screened porch is the perfect spot for quiet reflection or festive party. It overlooks several seating areas, edibles, chicken coop, raised beds and lots of native plants. Dana’s dogs can play with abandon. Construction: Jim McCown, Landscaping: Urban Earth
Homeowners: Dana Wilson Address: Evelyn Ave.
Circa: 1921 Garden Age: 4 years
- Trees: Hackberry, Forest Pansy Redbud, fig, crepe myrtle
- Shrubs: Tea olive, nandina, native azaleas, sweet spire, oak leaf hydrangeas, forsythia, button bush, hydrangeas, blackberry, gardenia, fatsia
- Vines: trumpet honeysuckle, lady banks rose, clematis, winter jasmine
- Perennials: daffodils, crocrosmia, hostas, lenten roses, ferns, leopard plant, partridge pea, strawberry geranium, baptisa, ginger, canna lily, iris, bee balm, phlox, solomon seal, partridge pea, coral bells, coneflowers, salvias
- Vegetables: lettuces, chard, spinach, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, squash, okra
Favorite Garden Tip If you didn’t grow up around gardeners, my advice is to find a mentor who will teach you what you need to know and share plants from her own garden, Then you know the plants you have, how to grow it, and each plant has a story. Many of my plants have been passed down through several generations.
You can find tons of garden information here.
[print-me target=”.printrecipe” title=”Print Recipe”] INGREDIENTS:
Please LIKE, SHARE and FOLLOW us on Social Media