Q. When is this year’s garden walk.
- May 18-19, 2019, from 9 am to 5 pm.
Q. What and where is the Cooper-Young Garden Walk?
- A self-guided, self-paced tour of 90+ eclectic, private gardens + businesses highlighting urban gardening, chickens, edibles, water features, art, native plants, whimsy, she-sheds, showers, and imaginative plantings.
- Our walk is non-competitive and open to any gardener in Cooper-Young, from the beginner to seasoned gardener.
- The garden walk takes place throughout the Cooper-Young neighborhood. Look for the white garden walk signs in front of open gardens.
Q. How will I see that many gardens?
- Most likely you won’t be able to. No problem. Choose a themed route and visit those gardens. Next year, pick a different route to follow. Or come both days, and see as many as you can. The main thing is to enjoy the experience! We provide a shuttle bus. There are also electric scooters (birds) and bikes to rent.
- Edibles (Orange) – Growing food, native plants, chickens, bees, composting, rabbits
- Elegant (Purple) – Structured design
- Eclectic (Yellow) – Art, whimsy, a combination of styles
- Secret Gardens (Red) – Homes with secret back gardens.
Q. What else will I see?
- Garden speakers and demos
- Educational Booths
- Botanical Art Vendors
- Garden raffles
- Demo Gardens
Q. Where are the Headquarters, restrooms, food, drink
- Purchase your tickets, pick up maps, and buy t-shirts at the Gazebo at Cooper + Young.
- There are 28 award-winning restaurants in the neighborhood, many offering special discounts to visitors.
- The shuttle stops are listed on the garden map.
Q. Where do I park? Can I bring my bike?
- There is ample parking along all the streets in the neighborhood.
- Yes, The Cooper-Young neighborhood is bike friendly. Park your bike at any of the Ginkgo Leaf bike racks in front of businesses, then walk to the gardens.
- You can also sign up for a guided bike tour of 20+ specially selected gardens. Sat. May 18, 2019, at 1000 Cooper Street.
- You can rent bikes at Revolutions Bike Co-op, 1000 Cooper, at the bike arches.
- There are electric scooters/electric bikes around the neighborhood for rent.
Q. What is the cost, dates and hours of the walk? Is there a rain date?
- The Cooper-Young Garden Walk is May 18-19, 2019, 9am-5pm, Rain or Shine
- Ticket prices and
linkwill be listed soon.
Q. Can I bring my dog? What about strollers or wheelchairs?
- Well-behaved dogs on leashes are permitted only if the garden sign says so. Please respect the homeowner’s request and clean up after your pet. Thanks.
- Not all gardens are conducive to strollers or wheelchairs because of narrow paths or walkways. Check the garden sign for any limitations.
Q. What should I consider bringing with me?
- Comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen +/or hat, camera, rain poncho, sunglasses, and pen to take notes.
Q. I am coming from out of town. Where can I find lodging?
- 1st Congo Hostel: 1000 S Cooper St., Memphis, TN 38104, 901-278-6786
- Memphis Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.com/s/Memphis
- Memphis Convention Center: http://www.memphistravel.com/memphis-hotels
Q. What other attractions are nearby?
- Information coming soon
Q. How do I get there? Directions from:
- Traveling I-55: Information coming soon
- Traveling I-40: Information coming soon.
- Bus Routes to Cooper-Young: coming soon.